Sunday, July 12, 2015

Joining the VIFPMCW

Joining the WHAT you say?

The Vintage Inspired Four Piece Mini Capsule Wardrobe Challenge





The truly lovely Rochelle who blogs at Lucky Lucille has set up this challenge and a Flickr group so that we can share our inspirations and creations.  You can see her post here:
http://luckylucille.com/2015/06/announcing-the-vifpmcw-sewing-challenge/

I was so happy to find out that I am not the only vintage sewing nerd who spends happy hours browsing through old Sears catalogs.  The image above came from one of my favorites, Spring 1953.  Sears sold under the brand name Kerrybrooke, and this add shows two of their four piece capsule wardrobes for summer.  Oh, what I wouldn't give for the polka dot number.  Oo, la la!

Rochelle started her Four Piece Wardrobe with a Pattern by Gertie, Butterick 6217.

http://butterick.mccall.com/b6217-products-49937.php?page_id=147

It is a gorgeous, vintage-inspired, tie front blouse in red rose-printed fabric.  Rochelle next made a cute pair of red shorts to match.  (see Lucky Lucille post above.)

Coincidentally, I had just already just planned a similar top. 



So, now I am inspired to make it into a four piece capsule wardrobe a la Kerrybrooke along with Rochelle.  I asked her to consider setting up a challenge and host a Flickr pool, and I'm so excited she did.  Zut alors!  Now I need three more pieces.  Here are the patterns I have picked:


I plan to make the center pattern sleeveless in white shirting with cross stitch rose embroidery from the pattern at the right.  I will make the shorts and skirt from the pattern at the left.  At least that is the plan! (Please, God and no interference from the dogs.)

Rochelle has put no time limit on the challenge, so I can take my time.  Will you join, too?

Xx Piper

All contents of this blog are property of the author, unless otherwise indicated.  Please do not copy or repost without permission.  Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your happiest of thoughts!