Monday, March 2, 2015

Another Vintage Blouse Pattern

Poly Is My Friend

Hullo.  I've been on a roll with sewing blouses from 50s patterns, with the goal of adding more everyday pieces to my wardrobe.  Here is my latest victim, er, selection:

I was very encouraged by the fact that it clearly was labeled EASY.  Since the lovely ladies pictured on the pattern did not appear particularly easy, I was hoping easy referred to the pattern.  Fear not, I am not such a sewing babe in the woods that I automatically assumed that just because a pattern says it's easy will it be easy.  (Yes, I am giving you the eye, Very Easy Vogue.)  I sewed up the A view, which here appears in the foreground in that lovely aquamarine.  I bought some gorgeous silk almost that exact color and then chickened out.  A silk blouse?  What was I thinking?  I am Ms. Wash-and-Wear.  Kids and pets and silk do not mix.  So, I decided on a lovely polyester instead.  Yes, Poly is my friend.  She is a real down-to-earth girl who doesn't mind a few coffee splotches or paw marks.
 
Here's a close-up of what I picked.   Black and white are always a good choice for me.  I figured this would go with much that was already in my wardrobe.  Happily, the pattern was easy to sew.   It is very fitted, however.  Like don't even try to take a deep breath.  If I do ever sew that silk version, I will make it with a tiny bit more room.  I also used the scraps to sew up a long rectangle that can act as a belt or a scarf.  And here it is...........
 
One thing that is particularly clever about the pattern is that View E is basically View A flipped back to front.  Because this has a side zip and back darts and I am small in the bust, (I love being a pear, I love being a pear, I love being a pear,) I can also wear it back to front!
 
Off to feed the furry dogs....

Xx  Piper

All content in this blog is property of the author.  Please do not use it without permission.  Thank you.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your happiest of thoughts!