Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring for Cotton!

I am really excited to join in with Rochelle and her seamster friends in the Spring for Cotton sewalong!  In case you are unfamiliar with the challenge, it is to sew something vintage inspired out of 100% cotton by the end of April.  You can find more information on Rochelle's blog at luckylucille.com, or visit her flickr photosharing pool.


 I have had my fabric and pattern for a few weeks, and finally got to sewing this weekend.  Nothing like waiting until almost the last minute.  Here is my chosen fabric and pattern:
The fabric is a quilting cotton from my local Joann's.  The gorgeous gold jumped out at me.  I walked away.  Really I did.  But this fabric wanted to be mine.  I went in search of an appropriate pattern.  Because the pattern is somewhat large in scale, (bigger than it looks here,) I knew I would need to pick something that did not have lots of darts, pleats or details.  I found this pattern on Etsy, and felt like it was meant to be.  I've never made this style, which I believe is called a sack dress, before, but it looked perfect for our hot summer weather.

I also scored a butterscotch bakelite belt buckle and made a self-covered belt.
Want to see?  Me, too. Can't wait to finish it.  Stay tuned for an upcoming reveal....

Xx  Piper

All contents of this blog is the property of the author.  Please do not use without permission.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your happiest of thoughts!