Remember the sewing challenge from Lucky Lucille that I have been working on?
After finishing the yellow cabbage rose tie front top, I had three more pieces to complete; a top and two bottoms. Here are the patterns I chose:
For the second top of the four pieces, I made the sleeveless view of a vintage pattern from my collection; Simplicity 2195, (shown above center,) Instead of a pocket or a monogram, I used a vintage cross stitch transfer of roses. I embroidered it in yellow instead of the pink tones shown on the pattern envelope. I kind of like how it turned out.
A word to the wise; always prewash your embroidery thread, especially reds and blacks, before embroidering, or your colors are likely to run, even if you hand wash your garment in cold water. (Yes, I did learn this the hard way.)
For this blouse, I followed the pattern directions exactly, except for french seaming the side seams and serging the back yoke to the back piece in order to get a cleaner finish, since the cotton shirting I used was light weight and I didn't want any seam allowances to show through. I finished the armscyes with bias tape, as recommended in the directions.