Thursday, August 20, 2015

My Second VIFPMCW Top

Remember the sewing challenge from Lucky Lucille that I have been working on?


After finishing the yellow cabbage rose tie front top, I had three more pieces to complete; a top and two bottoms.  Here are the patterns I chose:


For the second top of the four pieces, I made the sleeveless view of a vintage pattern from my collection; Simplicity 2195, (shown above center,) Instead of a pocket or a monogram, I used a vintage cross stitch transfer of roses. I embroidered it in yellow instead of the pink tones shown on the pattern envelope. I kind of like how it turned out.

A word to the wise; always prewash your embroidery thread, especially reds and blacks, before embroidering, or your colors are likely to run, even if you hand wash your garment in cold water. (Yes, I did learn this the hard way.)

For this blouse, I followed the pattern directions exactly, except for french seaming the side seams and serging the back yoke to the back piece in order to get a cleaner finish, since the cotton shirting I used was light weight and I didn't want any seam allowances to show through.  I finished the armscyes with bias tape, as recommended in the directions.

Drumroll, please:
The second piece of my four piece summer wardrobe

And now for her closeup:
And oh yes, I added that topstitching because I thought it would look nice.
What color shall I use for the shorts and skirt that will complete my four pieces?  Yellow? Gold? Denim Blue? Green?  Do comment and let me know your thoughts.

Xx Piper

All contents of this blog are property of the owner.  Please do not use without permission.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your happiest of thoughts!